VEAL & SPINACH STUFFED PEPPERS WITH ORZO
This dish looks amazing and tastes even better, great for some presentation flare if you’re looking to impress some friends!
What You’ll Need:
- 4 Organic Bell Peppers, Red, Orange, Yellow
- 0.5 lb Ground Veal
- Tomato Sauce from San Marzano Tomatoes
- Organic Spinach
- Parsley & Basil
- Salt & Pepper
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Butter or Beef tallow
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cut your peppers, remove the veins and seeds and chop off the tops, keep the tops for presentation
- Brown 1 chopped onion, chopped parsley and 1 garlic clove in butter, add in your 0.5 lb ground veal, and brown. Add tomato sauce to this and simmer for 5 minutes. Don’t want to over cook here because they are going in the oven, medium is fine.
- Cook your orzo, al dente about 1 cup, salt the water.
- Stuff your peppers with Meat/Sauce and spinach and orzo, layer these right to the top.
- Place in the oven standing up in a baking dish (one with sides is better) for 1 hour or until your peppers are brown. The last few minutes add mozzarella to the top and watch it melt 🙂 Garnish with fresh chopped basil.