POLPETTE DI ZUCCHINE
I grew up eating these at Nonna’s. My cousins and I would just keep eating them before Sunday’s supper, which is really enough for BLD (breakfast,lunch,dinner).
What You’ll Need:
- 4 eggs
- 2 zucchinis, shredded (squeeze out the liquid)
- 1 zucchini diced (squeeze out the liquid)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley and basil
- 1 cup flour
- olive oil for frying or vegetable oil
- Beat the eggs in a bowl until smooth and combine the shredded and diced zucchini, then season with salt and pepper. Add parsley/basil and cheese.
- Heat the oil in a skillet
- Just like your making pancakes, drop the batter in the hot oil spoonfuls at a time. Do two at a time, do not overcrowd.
- cook about 3-4 mins each side, or until golden brown.
- place on paper towel to absorb excess oil before serving.