JUICIEST PESTO CHICKEN BURGER EVER + SRIRACHA MAYO
What You’ll Need to Make 4 Burgers:
- 1 Pound of Ground Chicken (Sanagan’s Meat Locker is best and priced well)
- 4 buns – quality ones
- Butter for toasting the buns
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 good handfuls of basil leaves
- handful of pine nuts
- salt & pepper
- olive oil, a splash
- handful of parmigiano cheese, grated
- squeeze of lemon
- Sriracha Mayo – Neal Brothers
- In a food processor, combine your basil, 1 garlic clove, pamigiano, pine nuts, pinch of salt and pinch of pepper. Add a splash of olive oil, and pulse more so the consistency is sticking together. Add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add ground chicken, add 2 other garlic cloves chopped finely, 4-5 table spoons of the pesto and mix/combine with your hands or fork (think 1 tablespoon per burger). Add more salt and pepper to season the meat.
- Make patties 1 1/4 inch thick and firmly packed.
- Cook the patties 8-10 mins. In a pan (ceramic non stick is healthiest) coat bottom with oil, coconut oil is healthiest, you can use butter or olive oil. On Medium High Heat, put in two burgers at a time and flip every 2 mins, use your finger to press in the center of the patties like you would a steak to see if it is rare or well done, if it is squishy, then you need to cook it more! If it is firm then chances are its cooked through. **TIP splash 1/4 cup of water in the bottom of the pan and let the patties cook in that, it will caramelize and steam through the meat and cook it more AND make it super moist!!
- Put your buttered buns open face on a baking sheet and in the oven on Broil HI – 30secs to 1 min, until brown. Keep an eye on these they will burn before you know it!! Rub with open garlic clove so the oils of the garlic transfer to the bun.. mmmmm yummy
- ASSEMBLE and use your Sriracha Mayo !!!