You should totally do the marinade the night before and then when you come home from work you’re ready to go!
What You’ll Need:
- Flank Steak, enough for 2 people
- Grapeseed Oil/Butter
- Salt & Pepper
- 7 inch corn tortillas, Kensington Market has the best assortment
- Feta Cheese
- Shredded romaine lettuce
- Chopped Red or White onion
- 2 Limes
- Red & Yellow Peppers to Roast in the oven
- Marinade (recipe below)
- Pico de Gallo (recipe below)
- Chipotle Hot Sauce or regular hot sauce
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large handful of cilantro
- sea salt and pepper
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
Pico de Gallo:
- Cherry Tomatoes or 4 Vine ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 chile, thai red or serrano chile, minced
- 1 lime, zest & juiced
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
Red & Yellow Roasted Peppers, I did these in my Cast-Iron Pan (above)
Pico De Gallo (above)
- ROAST PEPPERS: Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).Cut the peppers into quarters. Remove the seeds and the membranes. Roast the peppers until the skin blisters and turns black. Remove from oven and cover with plastic, or a tea towel, or place in a paper bag until cool.
- MARINADE: Combine all ingredients in a mortar and pestle or food processor and make a paste, put your steak in a ziplock bag and refrigerate overnight or for 6 hours. No more than 8 hours!
- PICO DE GALLO: Combine all ingredients, chopped, in a bowl and let stand for 15 mins or refrigerate for 1 hour.
- COOK YOUR STEAK: Preheat BBQ or a ridged grill pan over medium-high. Brush the grates with a little oil so that the meat doesn’t stick to your grill. Season your marinaded steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill the steak for 7 to 10 minutes per side, turning once, until medium-rare.(I prefer medium rare :):) Rest your steak on a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to settle. Slice the steak across the grain on a diagonal.