Anthony Bourdain says cacio e pepe “could be the greatest thing in the history of the world.” Traditional pasta dish from Rome! Simplest thing, you need Pasta, Butter, Cracked Pepper and Pecorino Romano Cheese. Yup that’s it, when I have nothing in the fridge I make this, ok that’s a lie- even when I have a full fridge I make this because it’s soooo gooood. lol
What You’ll Need:
- Linguine/ Spaghetti/ Tagliolini (half a box is plenty)
- Well Salted Water in a pot
- Pecorino Romano Cheese
- Cracked Pepper
- 2 tablespoons of butter, grass fed butter is best http://www.rollingmeadowdairy.com/
- Boil half a box of the pasta in well salted water until al dente (strain it three minutes before its fully cooked) set pasta aside
- Keep 1/2 cup of the reserve pasta water
- In a medium fry pan, add 2-3 table spoons of butter, with your reserve pasta water and 1 tablespoon of fresh cracked pepper. 1 Min.
- Add you pasta to the sauce and cook your pasta in the sauce
- Remove pan from heat and add 1/2 cup of Pecorino Romano Cheese and toss so it melts.