TURKEY MEATBALLS IN TOMATO SAUCE
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano cheese
- 1/2 cup dried bread or panko is fine
- 1/4 finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons of chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- season with salt and pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1.5 lbs of ground turkey, COLD!
- 1 egg beaten
- olive oil for searing
- 3-4 cups of tomato sauce, or crushed tomatoes blended until smooth with basil
- Combine cheese, bread crumbs, onions, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Add in ground turkey and egg and blend with your hands. Form 1 inch meatballs in diameter and keep cold.
- Use a good non-stick pan and brown the meatballs in 1-2 table spoons of olive oil. Wait until the oil is hot before putting them in. Brown all sides and transfer to plate. Do not over crowd and go in small batches until browned.
- Scrap down all the bits in the bottom of the pan and add in the tomato sauce and simmer, add in the meatballs and cook for 15-20 mins on simmer.
- Serve over Risotto with more cheese or eat them straight up!