PUMPKIN SEED PESTO PASTA (Allergen Free/ Nut Free/ Tree Nut Free)
I truly love the toasted pumpkin seed flavour in replace of traditional pesto with pine nuts. Pesto should be bright green, if its not, you’ve done it wrong! We don’t want to bruise the basil leaves, they are delicate and the method is more important than the ingredients!
Italian Peach Cookies/ Pesche Docli
It looks intimidating, but it is two vanilla cookies pressed together with a yummy filling, then tye-dyed effect in grenadine and apple juice, rolled in sugar!
TWICE BAKED SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH RAGU SAUCE
- What You’ll Need:
- 1 medium size spaghetti squash
- 1/2 onion
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt & pepper
- 1lb ground turkey or a equal parts ground pork and lean ground beef
- 4-5 basil leaves
- Crushed Tomatoes (buy San Marzano, Mutti, Molisana etc)
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- Mozzarella cut into slices
- Heat oven to 400F
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half, scoop out the seeds, season with S&P
- On tin foil lined baking sheet, place the squash on the sheet, inside facing down, bake for 20 mins or until insides pull gently from the sides with fork
- In a medium size pot, slice and sautée in olive oil, garlic, onion, celery, S&P for 5-8mins until onions are translucent. If you have wine put 1/4 cup of it in at this stage
- Brown the meat on all sides 5-8 mins
- Add the tomato paste until it is a deeper color of red, then add the strained tomatoes and fresh basil
- Simmer on medium-low heat for 15-20 mins, stir every once and awhile
- Switch the oven to Hi -Broil
- Pour the meat ragu into the centers of the spaghetti squash & layer mozzarella on top
- Put in the oven for 2 mins! Don’t burn!
Sweet Potato – Chickpea Thai Red Curry
Less meat each week, more nutrient dense food is the way to go, at least that’s what my research tells me & Dr. Fuhrman’s “Nutritarian” way of Continue Reading
So when I visit my sister in Montreal, QC we always go to Olive et Gourmando which is an epic lunch spot. I alway order The Cajun Chicken: Roasted chicken with cajun spices, homemade guacamole, fresh tomatoes and, mangoes. Here’s my version, and you need excellent bread, like reallllllllly good, if you’re in Toronto go to Blackbird Baking Co.