These are totally nostalgic for me, the smell of them cooking in my Nonna’s kitchen- basically all summer! Zucchini’s are so hot right now haha, seriously though, at every corner market! Go buy two and make these, you wont regret it 😛
What You’ll Need
- 2 Zucchinis, grated (think 1 per person)
- Sea salt & pepper
- Fresh Basil or parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of shredded parmigiano (and some more for the top)
- 1/2 cup of flour
- Grape-seed oil for frying much better than using Olive Oil (grapeseed oil has a higher burning point than olive oil)
- Toss your grated zucchini in a tsp of salt and let sit for 10 mins, this will draw all the water out
- squeeze the zucchini of its water, with your hands or through a fine mesh strainer
- Add whisk your egg, add flour, parmigiano and fresh herbs and fold in the zucchini.
- Get your pan hot, medium-high heat, and wait a few mins, add the oil and wait til the oil is ready to fry, touch your fork with some batter on it in the oil to see if it bubbles, if it does you’re ready!
- add generous spoonfuls to make each fritter, don’t crowd your pan, cook for 2-3 mins on each side.