Learning curry! I loved this recipe, so much flavour, think Coriander, Rogan Josh Paste, Ginger ! This is a Sweet Potato, Chickpea & Spinach Curry ….and the creamy grass fed yogurt is perfect. I love yogurt in curry it tones down the heat and adds a bit of tang. My Homemade Naan Bread is made with the Grass Fed Yogurt by Rolling Meadow Dairy. Sooooo delicious !!
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 3 tbsp rogan josh paste
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- A good handful of coriander, stalks chopped, leaves picked
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into in 1 inch chunks
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained ( Tip: To avoid BPA and unnecessary sodium intake use dried chickpeas, make sure you cook them the night before properly! Rinse and let them cool before you put them in the fridge)
- 8 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped or 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400ml tin light coconut milk
- 400g spinach, washed
- 1 recipe of Homemade Naan Bread to serve!
- 1 Grass Fed Yogurt by Rolling Meadow Dairy for the dollop on top!
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and curry paste, mix well, then cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is soft and golden.
2. Add the chilli, ginger, coriander stalks, sweet potato and chickpeas. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and 200ml water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, then cover and cook for 10-15 minutes. Remove the lid, then cook for a further 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potato is cooked through and the sauce thickened. Stir in the coconut milk and cook for a couple of minutes, then stir in the spinach and cook until wilted. Scatter over the coriander leaves, then serve with your dollop of Grass Fed Yogurt by Rolling Meadow Dairy and Homemade Naan Bread !
3. To freeze the curry for another time, leave to cool in the pan, then spoon into portion-sized containers or freezer bags and freeze. The curry will keep there for up to 3 months.
Credit: Jamie Oliver Recipe