I grew up with Frittata’s left, right, center and you can make this 17 different ways! This one I usually make with basil but I loved the mint I picked up from the market yesterday.
What You’ll Need:
- Cast Iron Skillet or Non-Stick pan
- 5-6 handfuls of spinach
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- 4-5 eggs
- 1 cup of Ricotta Cheese
- 1 tablespoon of your fresh herb, Basil or Mint
- Olive Oil
- Parmigiano (optional but recommended for garnish)
- Cook your spinach just until its wilted and then rinse with cold water, chop up and set aside. Chop your fresh herb.
- In a bowl combine all your ingredients and whisk together like so:
- Turn on your heat and let your fry pan get warm, test an area by dropping some egg mixture, does it sizzle a bit? Then its ready!
- Pour mixture into the pan on medium-low heat, covered. After about 8-10 minutes, once the top rim of your frittata is slightly cooked, place in the oven under broiler for a few minutes until the top cooks. Make sure it doesn’t burn, keep your eye on it.
- Remove from heat, cut into quarters and garnish with fresh herbs and parmigiano!