SAN MARZANO TOMATO SAUCE WITH LINGUINE, FRESH RICOTTA & BASIL
San Marzano tomatoes are the best plum tomatoes in the world. The only way to make good tomato sauce is with quality tomatoes, so if you don’t have a Nonna that grows them and picks these tomatoes by hand (I’m lucky I love her!!) then definitely buy San Marzano tomatoes to make your sauce. You’ll know why when you taste it, the sauce is just sexy.
What You’ll Need:
- Jar of San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Salt & Pepper
- Tomato Paste
- Splash of white wine (optional)
- Olive Oil
- Use a fairly large saucepan, heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in the pot and sautee your garlic until golden (not brown!) If your garlic turns brown, start over. Add a splash of white wine if you’d like.
- Remove from heat. Pour your crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup of olive oil, 1 bay leaf and simmer for 1 hour -90 mins. If your sauce is thin, feel free to ad tablespoons of tomato paste at a time.
- Add fresh basil to your sauce!