SALTED CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES ‘THE ULTIMATE’
Honestly, you won’t use another recipe, these are insanely good, everything you want in a cookie, warm, oozing with chocolate, chewy, but the right amount of crispy on the outside and then the sea salt on top, that’s not an option! You’ll need to make these the night before you bake them, this is not an option either! 🙂These are 5 inch cookies, should make just over a dozen cookies.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups of cake flour
- 1 2/3 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups of brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 farm eggs
- 2 tsp of natural vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 pounds of bittersweet chocolate, Bulk Barn has them as “Jumbo Belgium Bittersweet Chocolate Chips”
- Coarse Sea Salt
1. Combine and sift flours, baking soda & powder and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
2. Cream you butter and sugars together until light, pale, and fluffy (using a mixer with a paddle attachment), 4 minutes. Add eggs one at a time and add vanilla. Reduce your speed to low and slowly add the dry ingredients 10 seconds. Fold in your chocolate chips.
3. Press your dough down into the bowl and press down plastic wrap so there isn’t air between the dough and top of the bowl.
4. Refrigerate for 24 -36 hours. Jacques Torres recommends this stage, it is part of the recipe, don’t skip it! The flavours get stronger the longer you refrigerate.
5. Baking Day – set oven to 350F and line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
6. Scoop golfball sized dough and press down the top a bit with your fingers, pressing in the coarse sea salt on top of each. These are 5 inch cookies, should make just over a dozen cookies.
7. Cook for 18-19 mins. My oven was perfect at 18 mins. Let these cool on the parchment paper. (note: the cookies will look under done, but after the cool they will be perfect, don’t go longer than 18 mins-19 mins)
*adapted from Jacques Torres