RISOTTO WITH SPINACH, PEAS & PARMIGINAO-REGGIANO (SEXY SUNDAY DINNER)
What You’ll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups Arbroio Rice
- 1/2 cup italian white wine
- 5-6 cups of stock
- Parmigiano curls + 1/2 cup shredded to fold into the risotto
- 1/2 cup of peas, cooked
- 2-3 handfuls of spinach
- 1 medium cooking onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick of celery, finely chopped
- Olive Oil
- Knob of butter
- Heat your stock and keep warm
- In a saucepan drizzle olive oil in the pan and a bit of butter, sweat your onions and celery for 15 minutes without changing their colour (medium-low heat)
- Add your Arborio Rice and cook until the grain has a bit of translucent to the outside bit still a white bit in the center. Add your white wine and let it fully absorb into your rice. Lower your heat so it doesn’t burn.
- Heat on Simmer. Add one cup of stock, stirring the rice, letting the starch ooze out and wait until fully absorbed. Add the remainder of the stock, cup by cup, same pattern as just stated. If you run out of stock before your rice is cooked, use boiling water. This should take 15 minutes.
- Fold in Pamigiano, Spianch & Peas. Serve shaved Parmigino on top!