Panettone is an Italian sweet bread from Milan very popular around the table at Christmas & New Years. I crave it and I found myself eating bits of it before work in the morning, so here is a decadent weekend holiday brunch.
What You’ll Need:
- Quality Panettone, I used the one from Terroni’s Bakery called Sud Forno on Queen West here in Toronto
- 2 organic farm eggs
- cinnamon/cloves/allspice (whatever you have)
- fresh seasonal fruit to accompany it!
- With a fork, whisk 2 eggs and your spices
- In a medium non stick pan add butter/ghee, medium low heat
- Cut Panettone in portion size pieces, 1.5 inch thick
- Soak all sides of the Panettone in your egg & spice mixture
- Cook all sides in your pan, until you have a nice golden colour and the egg is cooked
- Serve with quality maple syrup and clementines since they are the perfect holiday fruit.