Pineapple Chicken with Red Peppers & Coconut Rice
I love this dish, It’s something different then you’d typically make, and maybe you’ll make it more! Weeknight easy dishes, this is 1 Hour total time to do this recipe and get it on the table.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 tsp of red chili pepper flakes
- handful of cilantro
- chop up some fresh pineapple (1/3 cup)
- Set your oven to 325F
- cube the chicken breasts and season with S&P.
- In two separate bowls, put in cornstarch and in the other bowl your two beaten eggs. Put the chicken in the cornstarch then the egg.
- In a medium non-stick (ceramic) fry pan, add 1 tsp of coconut oil to the pan and let it heat up, cook chicken until brown on all sides.
- Grease a baking dish/corningware dish and add in the chicken and chopped red pepper.
- Make your yummy sauce: In a bowl, whisk the brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, pineapple juice and a pinch more of cornstarch. Then add your red pepper flakes and pineapple peices.
- Pour this over the chicken and bake for 1 hour uncovered. Stir it every once and awhile for best results!
- Dress with cilantro!
- Rice: Basmati Rice, 1/2 cup Coconut Milk & Water (whatever measurements your rice says) and put this in your rice cooker!