Italian comfort food, how can you go wrong? Make this for your man, he will love you. The trick is Milk & White Wine. You’ll need 2-3 hours.
What You’ll Need:
- 1/4 cup of Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup of Butter
- 1 cup of onions
- 1 cup of finely chopped celery
- 1 cup of finely chopped carrots
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of parsley
- 1/2 -3/4 cup of pancetta
- 2 pounds total meat- equal parts pork, veal and beef
- 1 cup of Whole Milk
- 1 cup of White Wine
- 1 can/1 tube of tomato paste
1. Add your Celery, Onions Carrot and touch of garlic, put it in the food processor.
2. You need equal parts of butter and olive oil, in a cast iron pan/enamel.
3. Add your ground beef pork and veal and pancetta, mix it all in, add salt and pepper cook it until beyond brown (grey is okay) you want the fat to come out of the meat and boiling. This process is slow enough that you are not drying out your meat.
4. Add in tomato paste, good quality stuff only!
5. Add the milk, let it reduce then add white wine and let it reduce
6. Lower the heat to a simmer (2-3 hours total cook time)
7. For your pasta, boil your Penne, Rigatoni or Taglietelle.. salted water.
8. Combine pasta & sauce and use a great quality Parmigiano