What You’ll Need:
- 1 Whole Butternut Squash, Cubed
- 2-3 handfuls of kale, no stems (never eat the center stems)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 cup of toasted unsalted almonds, coarsely chopped
- Olive Oil
- Butter (grassfed preferred)
- Fresh Shaved Parmigiano
- Sage leaves
- Roast your butternut squash cubes on a baking sheet with butter and season with salt and pepper in the oven at 400F for 25 mins, until soft and slightly browned
- In a large saucepan on medium heat cook your chopped onion in olive oil for 5 mins, until they are soft. Season the onion in the pan with salt and pepper
- Add more olive oil to the pan and a tbsp of butter, Add in chopped garlic, chopped almonds and chopped kale and cook for 4-5 mins until soft. Do not let your garlic brown or burn, lower the heat if needed.
- Add in 3-5 chopped sage leaves and remove pan from the heat or leave on Simmer setting on the stove to keep warm but not cook.
- Boil your linguine, salt the water after the pot boils, then add pasta a cook as per instructed on the pack
- Strain your pasta leaving a 1/4 cup of the starchy water, add to your pan of veggies and turn the heat up to medium low.
- Gently fold in your butternut squash so the pieces don’t break 🙂 and add a bit of linguine and combine together.
- Top with shaved Parmigiano