So I got inspired by my curry chicken to make some nice sides, naan just seemed like the most delicious option, and its egg free if you’re looking for that option. Just a few simple ingredients and time to let it sit! Try it!
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 a 7 gram sachet active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon of runny honey
- 125 ml warm water
- 1 cup of Bob’s Red Mill – All Purpose Flour (Organic)
- 6 table spoons of melted butter ( I used grass fed butter Rolling Meadow Dairy Grass Fed Butter )
- 3 big tablespoons of quality plain yogurt ( I used a grass fed yogurt Rolling Meadow Dairy – Yogurt )
- teaspoon of salt
- 1 clove garlic chopped and garnish with fresh coriander
- TOOLS: little fry pan for butter and garlic, big non stick (ceramic or cast iron ) fry pan for the naan, 1 bowl, clean tea towel.
- In a bowl, combine the yeast, honey and 125 ml of warm water, set aside for 5 mins or until it starts to bubble
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Combine the flour and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a large bowl and make a well in the middle.
- Pour in 1 tablespoon of melted butter, yogurt and yeast mixture and beat the wet ingredients together with a fork. Gradually incorporating the flour from the sides until it starts to form a dough. It should be soft and sticky, add a splash more water.
- On a lightly floured surface knead the dough for 5 mins by hand until smooth. Place into lightly floured bowl and cover with clean towel for 1.5 hours (until double in size) keep this bowl in a warm place this will encourage thing to active more quickly. So 1 hour and 15 mins might do the trick.
- Once risen, divide into 6 balls and roll out with rolling pin in oval shapes about 1 1/2 cm thick.
- Heat your non stick fry pan over high heat.
- Your butter that is set aside, add chunks of garlic so that the butter is infused.
- Take your naan in your hand and baste with your garlic infused butter, both sides.
- Cook in the fry pan, wait until the bubbles occur and then flip to the other side. 5 mins in total time.
- Brush with butter and keep warm. Garnish with fresh coriander.