HOMEMADE BACI GELATO WITH CARAMELIZED HAZELNUTS
I can’t explain how good and simple this recipe is, please make it today, you will thank yourself tonight when you’ve finished dinner and you want something sweet and a summery treat! Baci Perugina Italian chocolates are nostalgic for me, grew up trying to read the love notes you get inside in Italiano. The gelato base is 3 ingredients and you fold your flavours in! Then freeze for 5 hours.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 can condensed milk (sweetened)
- 500ml 35% whipping cream – Harmony Organic Dairy!
- tsp Real Vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of icing sugar
- 1/2 cup whole roasted hazelnuts (skins mostly to half off, when they are roasted the skins are off, when they are raw the skins are on)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- Baci Perugina Chocolates – 4-5 of them chopped (usually sell them at Longo’s or other Italian grocery stores)
Caramelize your hazelnuts
so they look like this
In your Kitchen Aid Mixer with Whisk attachment or Steel Bowl & Whisk – combine condensed milk, whipping cream and vanilla on high speed until light peaks form, do not over mix….then fold in your cocoa powder!
Now fold in your hazelnuts and chopped Baci chocolates, save some for the top and decoration. leave in the freezer for 5 hours!