EASY JERK CHICKEN AND COCONUT RICE
If you get bored of the same old chicken recipe that you watched your mom cook every sunday, then you NEED to try this.Marinade + Oven. That’s it, so easy and full of flavour!
What You’ll Need:
- Chicken Breasts, Thighs, Legs, Drumsticks whatever you’d like but with skin!
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 ginger root, cut off and peel a three inch piece
- 1 onion
- 1 scallion
- 2 limes, squeezed of all their juice
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- salt & pepper
- Chillies (ancho/habanero… choose your heat wisely)
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup Dark Rum – optional
- Rice: Basmati Rice, 1/2 cup Coconut Milk & Water
- Put all your ingredients (garlic, ginger, onion, scallion, lime juice, nutmeg, cinnamon, soy sauce, salt & pepper, chillies, allspice, thyme, dark rum) in a blender and for a paste. Put the chicken in a zip-loc bag and cover with the marinade paste for overnight or 2-3hours (longer the better).
- Place in an oven safe dish with lid and bake in the oven at 350F for 1 hour. Broil at the end for 5 mins for crispy skin/darker colour.