What You’ll Need:
- 1 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of butter, room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup of cake flour
- 1/4 cup of coconut flakes
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200ml coconut milk, the real stuff, organic too!
- 200ml of milk
- 300ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla or use the seeds of 1 vanilla pod (best option):)
- 2 tbsp corn starch to thicken
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 400g dark Belgium Chocolate, roughly chopped
- preheat oven to 350F
- Cream you butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in your eggs one by one.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and fold in coconut
- Add the flour mixture and the coconut milk into your fluffy butter/sugar mixture alternatively.
- Divide the batter between two cake pans and cook for 30 mins until they are golden brown.
- Let the cakes cool completely.
- Pastry Cream: heat the coconut milk, milk and add vanilla, don’t boil. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, cornstarch and sugar, whisk in a little of the warm milk. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan and allow to cook over low heat until the cream thickens and is glossy. Pour into bowl and cover with plastic wrap so that there is no air between the cream and top of the bowl. 2-3 hours in the fridge.
- Ganache: melt together the milk and chocolate until smooth and glossy