CHIPOTLE CHICKEN KABOBS WITH SUPER CREAMY GUACAMOLE
I really wanted a summer treat for dinner, everyone loves kabobs, they are fun to make and grill so nicely. I used my cast iron grill pan for these and I did the marinade the night before!
- Big Ziploc bag for marinade
- Wooden skewers
- Cast iron pan
- Coconut Oil for the pan
- Chicken Breasts and Thighs cut into 1 -2inch peices
- 1 Lime
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 Red and 1 Yellow Sweet Bell Pepper, seeded and cored, 1 inch peices
- Salt & Pepper
- Chipotle peppers in abodo, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- tablespoon cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, zest and juice (zest it first then juice:))
- 1-2 large Haas Avocado
- Cilantro leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- salt and pepper
- For the chicken marinade, in a Food Processor/Chopper put all ingredients except the chicken until it forms a paste (lime juice and zest, onion, tablespoon of salt and pinch of pepper, chipotle peppers, cumin, chili powder, garlic cloves, olive oil and a tablespoon of cilantro leaves) Toss the marinade paste in the ziploc bag with your skinless chicken breast and thigh pieces overnight in the fridge.
- Cut your peppers in 1 inch squares and alternate on the skewers with chicken thigh and breast pieces.
- Heat your grill and lightly baste with coconut oil so your chicken sears nicely. On medium high heat, grill your kabobs on all sides until done. You can always finish these in the oven for 10 mins at 350F if you think the chicken needs more cooking.
- For the Super Creamy Guacamole – place all ingredients in a food processor and mix until super creamy. Too keep your guac from going brown, keep the pit and place it in the guac.