CAULIFLOWER & SPINACH SOUFFLÉ
We learn some of the greatest things in life from our mothers, well in this case its called a soufflé ! !! 🙂
What You’ll Need:
- A good corning-ware/oven safe bowl with high sides, a 2 quart dish
- 1 medium size saucepan
- Electric mixer (or strong arm)
- 1 spatula
- 2 medium mixing bowls
- 1/2 head of trimmed, steamed and drained cauliflower
- 2 cups of chopped spinach
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 tbsp of flour
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
- Generously butter soufflé dish, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Make Cheese Sauce: 1 tbsp butter, wait until the butter melts, make a paste with 1 tbsp flour , gradually add your 1 cup of milk until it thickens, remove from heat and add your 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Let it cool!!
- Separate your egg whites and yolks.
- One at a time add the yolks into the cheese sauce (make sure the sauce is cool!!! otherwise it will look like scrambled eggs), add in spinach, breadcrumbs and cauliflower and mix
- In a separate bowl with an Electric Mixer or a strong arm, whisk egg whites until it forms soft peaks.
- With a spatula fold the egg whites into the cheesy mixture, do not stir.
- Gently pour into the greased dish, leaving 1 inch of space at the top for it to rise 🙂
- Bake for 30 mins, don’t open your oven until its done!