BRAISED CHICKEN WITH OLIVES, FENNEL AND LEMON + GOATS CHEESE
This is a gorgeous dish to impress your guests or a great easy one pot weeknight dinner. If you love olives and fennel you’ll love this dish plus paring it at the end with goat’s cheese is amazing. Everything in the pot in the oven for 1 hour.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 Chicken Drumsticks & 4 Thighs
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 1 cup of assorted olives
- A few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 lemon, sliced (Meyer lemons are best)
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- Salt & pepper
- Pinch of fennel seeds
- Pinch of red chili pepper flakes
- Goats Cheese
- Fresh Parsley for garnish
- Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 375F
- In an casserole dish/oven safe dish with a lid, put your chicken in, drizzle olive oil, garlic, salt & pepper, fennel seeds, red chili pepper flakes and tuck lemon wedges between the chicken. Place this in the fridge for 15-20 mins.
- Pull out of the fridge and in the oven uncovered for 30 mins or until browned skin.
- Pull out of the oven and pour chicken stock over, olives all over and few pieces of rosemary. Oven the pot and place back in the oven for 1 hour.
- Plate your chicken with the olives and fresh parsley. Add Goats cheese on the side, pairs sooo nicely with the chicken. Serve with Rice or Potatoes!