Ok so I went to the Farmer’s Market on Tuesday at Anchored Social Club its a cool gym in the east-end of Toronto. Anyway got the most delicious peaches (and a bunch of other epic produce) from Forsythe Family Farms . I was inspired to make something extra delicious with these peaches, and what better than a southern style cake! Here’s the recipe, super simple.
What You’ll Need:
- 4-5 ripe peaches (Forsythe Family Farms)
- 1/2 cup of room temp. grass fed butter Kiwi Pure Butter (no kiwi flavour lol its from New Zealand!)
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla (get the good stuff, Madagascar vanilla)
- 2 eggs farm fresh!
- 3/4 cup of coconut milk +1/4 cup of water OR use 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup + a bit more of Jack Daniels/Four Roses/ Bourbon!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Don’t forget the ice cream :PC Black Label – Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Ice Cream
- Oven set to 350F
- In a mixer, use the paddle attachment a cream the butter and sugar on medium high speed for 5 mins, until pale yellow and fluffy. Add in your eggs. Then add in vanilla and coconut milk (OR sour cream) until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon.
- Add your dry ingredients to the wet, bit by bit until combined and smooth. (if its really thick, add in a bit of water and mix.)
- Grease a 9 inch round baking dish/deep dish and put the batter in and in the oven for 50 mins.
- While that’s baking. On medium high head, make the syrup & peaches. In a deep saucepan, place your sliced peaches in with brown sugar and bourbon. Let that cook for 5 mins and set aside, do not touch them!
- Assemble, once the cake has rested for 10-15mins pour the syrup and warm peaches over top and serve with Ice Cream!