ALMOND FLOUR -CLEMENTINE CAKE
Honestly so moist and delicious, a 1 bowl recipe after you make the puree! No Flour, just almonds & eggs!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 Cups of Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 clementine’s Clementine’s from Whole Foods “Flying Carpet Clementine’s”
- pinch of salt
- Chocolate Glaze: 8-6 oz of semi sweet chocolate chips & 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter – Rolling Meadow Dairy
1. put whole clementine’s in large pot of water, just covering. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 hours. Remove from pot, cut off any hard pieces, cut into 4s and remove a bit of the “stringy what parts”. Put all 6 clementines in a food processor. (This can be done the night before, and put in the fridge)
2. Line with parchment paper and butter your 9 inch pan and set the oven to 350F
3. In a bowl whisk the eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt and clementine puree. Add the almond flour and baking powder and stir until just combined.
4. Bake in the oven for 1 hour, or until sides are browned. Let cool for 10 mins, run your knife around the edge of the pan to loosen it from the sides.
5. Make your glaze with a double boiler (pot of water boiling and steel bowl on top). Add in your butter and chocolate until smooth. Beee careful its very quick to burn, this should only take 1 min! 🙂