What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 6 cups of stock (chicken, no added salt)
- 1 tsp of Saffron
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of an Italian white wine
- 3/4 cup shredded quality Parmigiano Reggiano
- quality Sea Salt – my fav is : Maldon Sea Salt
- In a non-stick pot, I use my ceramic pot for this, cook your finely diced onion in 1-2 tbsps of olive oil on medium-low heat for 8-10 mins until translucent not browned.
- Have your stock heated in a separate pot with saffron threads.
- Add the 2 cups of arborio rice and toast for 1-3 mins. You will notice the outside of the grain is more translucent but still a white center.
- Add white wine, stir and wait until absorbed completely, make sure your heat is medium-low.
- Add in 1 ladle of stock and wait until absorbed completely, you must stir the rice and incorporate. Do this repeatedly ladle by ladle until your stock is gone. This should take 25 -30 mins. Make sure its Al dente!
- Add in your butter and parmigiano and serve with shaved parmigiano on top!